Skip to main content

Little Big Thing: NiQua

Although I’m on my way through a next chapter in my life, I still do not leave my first love behind – bags :). I used to go online to do my homework about bags and always end up settling with those super-branded ones which are very expensive. I normally do this when I have an upcoming trip (especially going to HK) to add to my collection. But last year, I came across this local brand called Ni Qua and never had second thoughts of buying this brand.

Admittedly, my first time to buy a local brand, I find this simple but very elegant, best for office use or even just going to the malls. I’m not really used to buying online stuff especially when it comes to bags- I have to feel it first before I buy it! So when I learned that this Ni Qua was having a small kiosk in Century Mall last year (yup, my another long over-due blog!!!), I immediately dragged Lester (thanks to my husband for allowing us to skip a Pacquiao fight for this) so I can see the bags personally.

Made of good quality leather, Ni Qua, during that time had less variety of designs but you can customize the colors. But this brand has grown a lot thus releasing more designs. You may check their site for more details.

I got (or husband got me!) a Bespoke Manico Large sized bag in Burgundy color. It came with a free leather pouch (free during that time, they had a promo) that I use for my phones. I love the leather; the bags don’t have a lining so you are sure about the quality of the leather. Another good thing about it is that the handles are not sealed with a black thin rubber which sometimes tends to fall off after a number of use (and especially when you do not use them at all!). Although it doesn’t have zippers or pockets, this bag still fits me because it’s spacious and really sturdy. And the best part- they can have your initials embossed with a minimal fee to personalize it.

Girls will never have enough bags.


 
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooking Fever: Gising-Gising

I cooked this once for my husband to satisfy his spicy taste. I first tried this in Recipes and found it yummy. :) Ingredients: Garlic, chopped Onions (Red), chopped Baguio beans, chopped into pieces Ground Pork Red Chili Pepper, chopped Green Chili Peppers (Siling haba) Coconut milk Salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste 1. Saute onions and garlic. Add the ground pork. 2. Add a little bit of soy sauce to taste.     3. Once the pork is cooked, add Coconut Milk. For this recipe, I used the instant ones (just add water!) but I think it'll taste better if you use those you can buy from the market.  4. Add Baguio beans (not string beans!) and all the chilis - depending on your taste. I used less red ones but separated my share because I'm not really into spicy food (except sisig!) 5. Put salt and pepper to taste 6. Serve This is my first blog to write about recipes so please pardon my instructions. I really do not know...

First Plane Ride

Do you remember the first time you rode the plane? Nowadays, it’s very easy for kids to experience their first plane ride as fares are cheaper. Thanks to budget airlines that once had a vision that every person can ride a plane once in their lives. I took my first plane ride when I was 5 years old. Lucky to experience that young, I was with my mom and my sister when all of us rode the plane for the first time to travel. I had no idea what was this travel is all about, even did not have any knowledge where we’re going. All I knew was that, we’re riding the plane and we were going somewhere far where my dad studied his Master’s degree. Not all kids, during that time, had that chance. And definitely, not all kids had the chance to travel to Europe so I am most thankful to my lola (who’s in US) who gave us this opportunity. Here’s my picture back then. We had a stopover in Hongkong Airport and this innocent kid asked her mom why we were getting down the plane. My mom answered...

Little Big Things: Baby Needs

Little Javier is halfway on its journey to see the world. Just like preparing for a wedding and moving to a new house, baby preps are just as exciting. I’ve been doing my research lately and my husband and I never get tired of window shopping for baby needs. Here are my top picks that I can’t wait to get for my little one: 1. Breast Pumps Breast milk is still best for babies. Being the eldest, I’ve learned how to feed my siblings while they were young except of course, breast milking them. As far as I can remember, they were (or we were) Promil kids and I was very used to mixing the formula powdered milk and water. But nowadays, breast feeding is very well-promoted. Even hospitals do not allow formula milks for new-born babies. I’m setting aside an amount to invest for breast pumps (and the accessories). After all, you’ll be saving a lot for formula milks. Planning to get myself a manual pump first – just to check and then later on, get an electric one. I’m a workin...