Skip to main content

Back and Blogging Again

And after two months, I’m back blogging! I can’t say my readers missed this! First of all do I have a list of readers? Haha! Why did I stop for a while? As much as I want to write, my time (or our time, mine and my husband’s) was eaten by all these stuff we need to do for our house. The busiest days of our lives so far, even busier than preparing for our wedding, we were doing house chores here and there, shop for appliances, kitchen stuffs, furniture and so far, our biggest splurge, window grilles and gate. We needed to finish everything within days as we wanted to transfer before our birthday and we did it! Imagine, every weekend, we spend in the supermarket, department store and, can you just imagine, HARDWARE! I have already memorized prices of cement, sand and gravel. Even learned to be smarter, stainless steel is way too expensive, do not be blinded by the cheap ones! They aren’t stainless, they are chrome coated! I’ve learned to canvass, and look for the cheap ones. If you think buying a house and lot ends with just that, it’s not! There’s a lot that you need to improve and a lot of time and effort is needed.

My husband and I are lucky to have parents who are there to help us with this journey. This wouldn’t be possible for working couples starting our own if they’re not there. Lester and I really appreciate their help, learned a lot and slowly settling down. But more thankfully, this house is a blessing from God. Few weeks back, we had our house blessing and we were able to welcome a number of relatives and friends in our house. The house isn’t fully complete, but it’s decent enough to invite people in.

Today, another blessing is about to start. We’re finishing our garage and dirty kitchen (our little Honda will be very happy!) Sharing how this little space made it thru its journey to be a home :)


PS. I’m trying to gain my blog inspirations back. I still have a backlog to share. I’ll try my best to post as much as I can. Happy reading! What a good Monday to start :)




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooking Fever: Gising-Gising

I cooked this once for my husband to satisfy his spicy taste. I first tried this in Recipes and found it yummy. :) Ingredients: Garlic, chopped Onions (Red), chopped Baguio beans, chopped into pieces Ground Pork Red Chili Pepper, chopped Green Chili Peppers (Siling haba) Coconut milk Salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste 1. Saute onions and garlic. Add the ground pork. 2. Add a little bit of soy sauce to taste.     3. Once the pork is cooked, add Coconut Milk. For this recipe, I used the instant ones (just add water!) but I think it'll taste better if you use those you can buy from the market.  4. Add Baguio beans (not string beans!) and all the chilis - depending on your taste. I used less red ones but separated my share because I'm not really into spicy food (except sisig!) 5. Put salt and pepper to taste 6. Serve This is my first blog to write about recipes so please pardon my instructions. I really do not know...

First Plane Ride

Do you remember the first time you rode the plane? Nowadays, it’s very easy for kids to experience their first plane ride as fares are cheaper. Thanks to budget airlines that once had a vision that every person can ride a plane once in their lives. I took my first plane ride when I was 5 years old. Lucky to experience that young, I was with my mom and my sister when all of us rode the plane for the first time to travel. I had no idea what was this travel is all about, even did not have any knowledge where we’re going. All I knew was that, we’re riding the plane and we were going somewhere far where my dad studied his Master’s degree. Not all kids, during that time, had that chance. And definitely, not all kids had the chance to travel to Europe so I am most thankful to my lola (who’s in US) who gave us this opportunity. Here’s my picture back then. We had a stopover in Hongkong Airport and this innocent kid asked her mom why we were getting down the plane. My mom answered...

Little Big Things: Baby Needs

Little Javier is halfway on its journey to see the world. Just like preparing for a wedding and moving to a new house, baby preps are just as exciting. I’ve been doing my research lately and my husband and I never get tired of window shopping for baby needs. Here are my top picks that I can’t wait to get for my little one: 1. Breast Pumps Breast milk is still best for babies. Being the eldest, I’ve learned how to feed my siblings while they were young except of course, breast milking them. As far as I can remember, they were (or we were) Promil kids and I was very used to mixing the formula powdered milk and water. But nowadays, breast feeding is very well-promoted. Even hospitals do not allow formula milks for new-born babies. I’m setting aside an amount to invest for breast pumps (and the accessories). After all, you’ll be saving a lot for formula milks. Planning to get myself a manual pump first – just to check and then later on, get an electric one. I’m a workin...